Retail Sales Assistant/Manager
A rare opportunity!
Crumbz Craft is looking to grow its team of experienced retail assistants at our unique Healesville Store in the Yarra Valley.
You’ll find Crumbz Craft in the Main Street of Healesville - a beautiful high street shop full of gorgeous haberdashery, stocking an impressive selection of national and international brands of yarns, threads, needles, patterns, and fabrics. Our staff are knowledgeable crafters who enjoy assisting our customers with advice and guidance.
We’re open seven days a week and we offer a wide range of workshops for kids and adults and specialise in private lessons for those wanting to learn to knit, crochet or sew. We also operate an online store enabling shoppers throughout Australia and Internationally to purchase their crafting supplies. We are a privately owned and run business and have been operating in Healesville for the past 10 years.
We are looking for a permanent Part-time Sales Assistant/Manager who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A passion for knitting, crochet and sewing
- Must know how to knit
- Some experience in Retail Operations
- Ability to work a Point of Sale (POS) system with EFTPOS
- Comfortable with answering the telephone and replying to email enquiries.
- Ability to follow legislation pertaining to Retail Operations and Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
- Ability to manage a small creative team.
- Supervise up to 4 sales staff (including self)
- Stock control
- Buying/ordering requiring discretion on price, quantity, quality etc.
- Physically fit to use a step ladder, transfer stock deliveries, measure and cut fabrics.
- Able to work weekdays as well as weekends and public holidays, as required.
- Must comply with COVID Chief Health Officer’s directions e.g.: wear face masks as required, fully vaccinated.
The successful candidate will receive:
- training in Crumbz Craft’s processes, systems, and procedures for managing instore and online customer services, merchandising and stock management and general day-to-day operations.
- staff discount on products
- flexible working hours – with some weekend and public holiday work required
Job Classification Details:
Position Retail Assistant/Manager
Award General Retail Industry Award (MA000004)
Grade Retail employee level 4 | Part-time | 21 years or over
Hours A minimum of 20 hours per week
Flexible working hours with some weekend and public holiday work
Please email resume with referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
The full Job description is available here
Please note, only successful applicants will be notified.
Posted: 8 November 2021